Monday 3 January 2022

Amazing Songs & Other Delights #17 - The a Bit of Jazz, a Dash of Soul and There is Bond Too edition by Raquel Pinheiro @ Yé Yé Radio


The first Amazing Songs & Other Delights of the year, number 17 is The a Bit of Jazz, a Dash of Soul and There is Bond Too edition. It airs today, Monday 3rd, 3-4pm (Lisboa/London time) on Yé Yé Radio: https://yeyeradio.com/ or on the app. Soul and Jazz aren't always literal or what is expected - Bryan Ferry singing The In Crowd, a Billy page song, is an example. Faith No More's Evidende another. The idea had been in the back of my mind for a while. When I heard It Ain't Over by Orquestra Jazz de Leiria feat. David Fonseca I knew it was a done deal. The show is also an homage to Serafim, my maternal grandfather whose records - mostly 78rpm shellac ones - like Glenn Miller Orchestra's Pennsylvania 6-500 still existed when I was a child. Last, but not least, it is also a thank you to all the boys I went dance with during a not so pleasent time in my life and the DJs who turned it into You Are My Sunshine. Justin Timberlake 's LoveStoned / I Think She Knows was a by then must dance. And, of course, there is Bond. Be it Skyfall sang by Adele or No Time To Die sang by Billie Eilish. And more, much more. Tune in. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment