Friday 7 January 2022

Amazing Songs & Other Delights #17 - The a Bit of Jazz, a Dash of Soul and There is Bond Too edition by Raquel Pinheiro @ mixcloud

The first Amazing Songs & Other Delights of the year, number 17 is The a Bit of Jazz, a Dash of Soul and There is Bond Too edition is available on Yé Yé Radio's mixcloud. Soul and Jazz aren't always literal or what is expected - Bryan Ferry singing The In Crowd, a Billy page song, is an example. Faith No More's Evidende another. The idea had been in the back of my mind for a while. When I heard It Ain't Over by Orquestra Jazz de Leiria feat. David Fonseca I knew it was a done deal. The show is also an homage to Serafim, my maternal grandfather whose records - mostly 78rpm shellac ones - like Glenn Miller Orchestra's Pennsylvania 6-500 still existed when I was a child. Last, but not least, it is also a thank you to all the boys I went dance with during a not so pleasent time in my life and the Djs who turned it into You Are My Sunshine. Justin Timberlake's LoveStoned / I Think She Knows was a by then must dance. And, of course, there is Bond. Be it Skyfall sang by Adele or No Time To Die sang by Billie Eilish. And more, much more.


Monday, January 3rd 2022.
Running time: 59:13

Tracklist:

01 - Roberta Flack - Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye (Leonard Cohen cover)

02 - Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned / I Think She Knows Interlude

03 - Glenn Miller Orchestra - Pennsylvania 6-500

04 - Adele - Skyfall

05 - Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton - Freedom (Django Unchained soundtrack)

06 - Bryan Ferry - The In Crowd (Billy Page's song)

07 - Bert Kaempfert - You Are My Sunshine (Jimmie Davis & Charles Mitchell, 1939 original, music only)

08 - Propellerheads feat. Miss Shirley Bassey - History Repeating

09 - Cousteau - The Last Good Day of the Year (single edit)

10 - Billie Eilish - No Time To Die

11 - Faith No More - Evidence

12 - Helen Shapiro - Fever (1997 Remaster)

13 - Combustible Edison - Vertigogo

14 - Orquestra de Jazz de Leiria feat. David Fonseca - It Ain't Over

15 - Annie Lenox - I Put A Spell on You

All previous shows: www.mixcloud.com/infoyeye | www.mixcloud.com/raquelpinheiro/

No comments:

Post a Comment